Desperate Housewives Forum UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wow. Hysterical

Go down

Wow. Hysterical Empty Wow. Hysterical

Post  cocolove Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:43 am

Givemodern family dvd a chance. I really kind of watched it against my will, but figured I'd give it a shot. I bet out of a hundred pilots, I would like maybe one - this was that one. I literally laughed out loud at numerous parts - the way that it comes together is interesting / well-done - each couple has an interesting balance - great dialog (IMDB won't let me spell it with a "ue" at the end) - original characters - I'm impressed.

I don't think I've ever seen ABC come out with something in this vein. Normally their shows are a bit watered down, but this is edgy and as fresh as anything I've seen hit network TV. I know that comparisons to Arrested Development will be frequent, but I think that this has more structure. The characters aren't as wacky, but they're more believable and easier to sympathize with in my eyes. Tremendous acting, great kid actors - I forwarded the pilot to a bunch of people already, and I feel lucky that I got to watch it before it came out officially.

cocolove
Felicia Tillman

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum